Founded in 2001, Zonar had one simple idea: That electronically verified inspections could revolutionize the way pre- and post-trip inspections are conducted. By doing so, they could increase safety for everyone on the road and minimize the risk of on-the-road breakdowns.
Since its inception, Zonar has grown in size and scope to become a leading provider of complete technology solutions for smart fleet management. They have achieved this status by consistently innovating on technology that helps their customers and partners operate more efficiently across industries and verticals.
Zonar, like most of its competitors, provides onsite onboarding training for new customers. One of the challenges has always been how to offer refreshment training or extended services training or training for customer’s new hires. Providing onsite training is expensive for Zonar to provide and for the customer to take time out of working to have. Freight and people transportation does not have the ability for all to stop and take training at the same time. Online training as it is increasing in its popularity is also turning users off by the cookie cutter experiences.
- Build a training platform for Zonar’s external end users.
- Deliver the training online and make it accessible to all customers 24/7/365.
- Online training is new to Zonar and there are potentially over 300,000 users, but with legacy users it is hard to predict adoption.
- Their customer base are on the road and they need the ability to access training anytime anywhere.
- Part of the problem was accessibility. As a Software As A Service (SAAS) company Zonar doesn’t know all the end users, but they all may need access. Because of varied schedules and the need to access immediately, there is no time to wait for authorization to courses or administration input of users.
- They had a limited and fixed budget, so another challenge was how to prevent unforeseen costs of an undefined reach in an untested system.
- Zonar serves; over the road trucking, transit and charter buses, vocational and construction vehicles as well as school buses. Each having different training needs on different products that may require different experiences.
My Learning Hub has delivered a range of products including:
- Learning Management System
- Learning Authoring Tool
My Learning Hub developed a new access feature for Zonar, it allowed for public facing users to self-register and be authenticated automatically within the Learning Hub system. The biggest need for this enhancement is the users being in different time zones and accessing at all times waiting for approval was not an option. The enhancement that My Learning Hub made enabled the successful immediate trackable access to training without any admin’s time, and without delay. The future of this training remains handsfree, and with the expectation to scale to over 1000+ unknown users this eliminates a large portion of administration time. Time that is better spent on creating the best
experience. That personalized experience starts here on Zonar’s website: ZonarE-Learning Click here. This link leads to their first customized experience, the“PUPIL” customers learning hub. They can open the training on any mobile device, Zonar’s expected users are Drivers, Dispatchers and School District Transportation Management, so it was crucial that the learning be accessible anywhere, on any device, any time, that said, the solution is working perfectly. The final hurdle was cost predictability, the organization had a set budget for the learning solution, My Learning Hub’s fixed pricing for unlimited users was the biggest decision maker that locked Zonar onto My Learning Hub. It meantrisk free scaling, and no unexpected user overage costs. Zonar is planning to roll out further Learning Hubs to service different customer bases within the business, and being able to create a new white-labelled Learning Hub in 2 minutes definitely shocked some of the Senior Leaders at Zonar.
Zonar’s Pupil Hub - From Idea to Inception - This new challenge appeared, as school districts prepared for the new school year 2021/2022, they also were preparing for post-covid transportation needs. With some districts being on a break from using buses, they were hiring new drivers, administrators and mechanics. Zonar’s 24-hour support call center was overloaded with calls for assistance. Being able to meet the needs of customers and reduce costs of overtime and temporary workers at the same time was a priority. Customer support leadership at Zonar reached out to the content and training department for a possible solution. With less than 2 months of use on My Learning Hubs, the suggested solution was to create a pupil specific learning hub that only had training that covered pupil specific products. Leadership asked how long it would take, as it was needed immediately and the beginning of the school year is fast approaching. Zonar built an entirely customized training portal in less than a 1 day! Ready for release, this Hub will now lead the training for all customers in the pupil sector, it is mobile ready and provides a custom experience. Problem solved!